Simmons Warranty Claim Form
If your concerns are body impressions, place a straight edge (like a yardstick or broom handle) across the area. Using a ruler, measure the depth of the depressed area, without applying any pressure, and then photograph the measurements. Please be sure to measure in the middle of the quilted area, not the stitching.
Banner Mattress Customer Service
1501 E. Cooley Drive
Colton, CA 92324
In an effort to assist you with your Simmons Warranty Claim, answer the following questions as completely as possible. Attach a copy of your bill of sale and photographs of the mattress (without linens), foundation and the frame unit to this document and return these items to: Banner Mattress Customer Service, 1501 E. Cooley Drive, Unit B, Colton, CA 93234 • Phone: 909-835-4216
Product Warranty & Care Instructions
Simmons Bedding Company would like to thank you for your recent purchase of a Simmons® sleep system. With your selection you join millions of people around the world who have decided a superior mattress can make the difference in the quality of sleep they enjoy.
The bed you will sleep on tonight draws on nearly 135 years of manufacturing innovation, enhanced by sleep research first pioneered by Simmons in 1925. Simmons is committed to scientific design and testing of all its products, helping you to sleep soundly for years to come.
This warranty card applies to the following Simmons® products: Beautyrest®, Beautyrest® World Class®, Beautyrest® Exceptionale™, Beautyrest® World Class® Exceptionale™, BackCare Kids®, BackCare®, BackCare® Advanced™, DEEPSLEEP®
This exclusive Simmons® product is built with a new single-sided design. This bed does not have to be flipped to maintain warranty protection. Your new Better Sleep single-sided design mattress will have a different type of finish on the bottom than the top.
The following care instructions can help preserve warranty rights
- Do use a Simmons® foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. An old foundation unit may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your mattress is sagging when the problem may be due to a non- supportive foundation.
- Use only frames that provide a rigid center support as well as support for the head, foot, and sides for queen, split queen, Olympic® queen, king and California king size sets (as noted above). For any queen or king frame that does not have a metal center support, you must use at least 5 hardwood (i.e., oak or ash) slats (1" x 4"). By not providing a sufficient supportive frame, damage can occur to the product and your warranty will be invalid.*
- Do use a quilted protector pad on your mattress at all times to avoid stains (including MoistureBan™ products).
- Do carton your mattress and carry it on its side when moving.
- If your Simmons® mattress was manufactured on or after July 1, 2007, it meets the requirements of the Federal Flammability Standard, 16 CFR 633, when your mattress is used alone or with the Simmons® foundation(s) as specified on the 1633 law label. If your mattress was manufactured in California between January 1, 2005 and July 1, 2007, or as otherwise noted on the law label, it meets the requirements of California's Technical Bulletin 603 when used with a Simmons® TB603- compliant foundation
- Do not remove the white law label or the model name label. These labels serve as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.
- Do not bend or fold, stand or jump on product as damage can occur.
- Do not use cleaning fluids on your mattress; it may damage some of the materials.
- Do not smoke in bed or use open flames near the bed.
* For all LivingRight™ Adjustable foundations, please see the LivingRight™ owner's assembly and operating manual for required support.
Protected by one or more of the following U.S. Patents: 4,986,518; 5,016,305; 5,165,125; 5,311,624; 5,499,414; 5,621,935; 5,940,908; 5,987,678; 6,098,224; 6,216,292; 6,243,900; 6,408,469; 6,519,798; 6,557,198; 6,678,905; 6,687,929; 6,760,940; 6,799,344; 6,804,849; 6,901,618; 6,944,899; 6,944,900; 7,047,581; 7,168,117; RE 36,142
HOW CAN I GET SERVICE ON MY WARRANTY?
Contact your original Simmons® dealer. If your original Simmons® dealer is no longer in business or you have moved outside the service area, please contact the Simmons Consumer Service Facility. Copy of original bill of sale is needed to determine original date of purchase. Model name label and law label must be attached to identify the bedding and validate this warranty.
WHAT IS COVERED?
If you purchased a Simmons® mattress and use it with a foundation providing proper support, this warranty covers manufacturing defects in your Simmons mattress or foundation. Replacement of one piece does not automatically result in the replacement of the other piece. This limited warranty is provided only to the original purchaser.
HOW LONG IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD?
The warranty coverage runs from the original date of purchase. Repair or replacement of the mattress or foundation does not extend its limited warranty or begin a new limited warranty period. Your warranty period is based on the code indicated on your white law label.
WHAT WILL SIMMONS DO?
If your Simmons® mattress or foundation fails due to a manufacturing defect, the exclusive remedy under this warranty will be repair or replacement of the defective product in the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
Simmons reserves the right to substitute comparable materials or models and does not guarantee that the replacement will match the existing piece.
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser from Simmons Bedding Company or its authorized dealers.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER STATE LAW:
WHAT IS EXCLUDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
This warranty does not apply to and excludes:
- Firmness preference of the product
- Normal body impression(s) of 1 1/2" or less*
- Bed height/weight
- Cover (fabric)
- Bent border/grid wires
- Burns, stains or soil
- Mattresses not used with a proper foundation. Examples of proper support include:
- Simmons® foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. Queen, Olympic® queen, and king size must have sufficient center support.
- The appropriate Simmons® adjustable foundation.
- Merchandise sold "as-is", "distressed" or "floor model/sample"
- Adjustable foundations (see the owner's manual for details on warranty coverage)
- For HealthSmart™ models, damage due to improper washing (including snags and discoloration)
- For HealthSmart™ models, shrinkage, so long as top can still be zipped on
- Claims made outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands
- Transportation, inspection, or removal costs of product
- Simmons® product that is stained, soiled, or infested with vermin, even if defective. For health and safety reasons, Simmons may not be able to inspect these products to assess whether covered by the warranty, in which case, Simmons reserves the right to deny warranty coverage.
* Please note that due to use of higher density foams and/or the use of space age memory foam technology in some models, the recovery time may take up to 4 hours. However, normal increase in softness or a decrease in the recovery feature due to normal use, temperature, or humidity is excluded under this warranty.
The duration of any applicable implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, shall not exceed the term of this limited warranty**. Simmons shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of your Simmons product***. No expressed or implied warranties are extended to persons who purchase the product from anyone other than Simmons Bedding Company or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded.
(i) Simmons foundation or a supportive, rigid non-yielding foundation. Queen, Olympic® Queen, and King size must have sufficient center support.
(ii) The appropriate Simmons' adjustable foundation.
** Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
*** Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
For warranty assistance or other product correspondence, please contact your Authorized Dealer, or: 1900 Beaver Ridge Circle, Norcross, GA 30071 toll-free (877) 399-9397 fax (770) 613-8575 www.Simmons.com
© 2007 SIMMONS BEDDING COMPANY
805.12007 - Revised 04/07
Dear Valued Customer:
We are sorry to learn you are experiencing a problem with your Simmons product. All Simmons' products are guaranteed against structural defects if related to manufacturing as indicated on your Limited "Hang Tag" Warranty Card.
Note to all San Diego County customers: Please direct any warranty issues or concerns directly to Simmons corporate headquarters at 1-877-399-9397. You may also visit them on the web at www.simmons.com, keyword: Warranty Claim.
If you are not in San Diego County please complete these forms and forward them to Banner Mattress when completed. Please include payment of any fees required.
Please review your warranty "Hang Tag" and the information we have included, as often the problems or complaints we receive can be satisfied by the use of one or more of the solutions provided below and are not Warranty Concerns according to the Simmons Warranty.
After reviewing your Warranty along with the information provided here, should you feel your concerns are related to a manufactures defect, forward your completed Claim and Proof of Purchase to Banner Mattress. We cannot process your claim without a copy of your original receipt as Proof-of-Purchase and the required Simmons inspection fee payment of $50.00.
Once we receive the Claim form, copy of your receipt, and inspection fee payment, Banner will use the data you provide to activate an electronic Warranty Claim for you with the Simmons Company.
Simmons will have their inspection agent, Sleepteks America, telephone you 10 to 15 days of your claim activation. Sleepteks America will make an appointment with you to come to your home to perform a physical inspection of the Simmons product.
Please make sure your product is free of dirt, stains or soil of any kind, as any of these conditions may void your Warranty. Professionally clean any stains, dirt or soil of any kind. Also, check the frame to make sure it is providing adequate support to your unit.
Approximately ten (10) days after your in-home inspection, Simmons' agent, Sleepteks, will notify you in writing of your inspection results. If your product is determined to be defective, Simmons will authorize a Warranty Replacement. The Warranty Replacement will be delivered by Simmons delivery service, four to eight (4 to 8) weeks from the date of your Letter of Notice of Defect.
The delivery service will telephone you the week of the delivery to schedule delivery with you. Please be patient, the process works but does take the allotted time mentioned!
If your product is not deemed defective as a result of the inspection you may request a 2nd Warranty Inspection 90 days after the original inspection. You must pay the inspection fee again for the 2nd inspection. If the condition of your product changes after 90 days from the original Simmons Warranty Inspection, please call Banner Mattress at (909) 835-4216 to re-activate your Simmons warranty claim.
President, Banner Mattress